Monday, August 17, 2009

Remember that I love you

My flight to staging is in about 8 hours, my bags are packed (even though at this point I don't even remember what's in them anymore) and I'm going to enjoy my last few hours unwinding with Brian and a gin and tonic. I'm going through moments of panic and calm, mostly because it doesn't really feel like I'm leaving tomorrow. Most of the panicked moments come with trying to shove a few more things into my bags, which are just about 80 lbs (maybe a couple pounds over, but I'm hoping it won't matter too much...)

So anyway, the next time you hear from me I'll probably be in Namibia, but if I get a chance to post while still in the states I might. Folks from home, please send me your address so I can send postcards and letters. I'll miss you all, and I love everyone in my life so much. Leaving is so hard, but I wouldn't be able to if I didn't have the support of all my friends and family.

You'll be hearing from me soon. But for now, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment